22 March 2007

How to Learn?

I was reading this article from a newsletter sent to me from The MASIE Center (http://www.masieweb.com/), and one of the short article caught my eyes and freezed my mind for a while... and it set me thinking. How do I learn? Below is an extract from the newsletter:

Trainer's Tip: Ask Them How They Learn! One of my favorite questions to ask learners attending a classroom based program is: "How do you learn?" Ask the question and be quiet for a full minute. Just listen and they will tell you an incredible amount about how to help them succeed as learners.

One of my mentor shared with me this model on learning, which i found extremely useful. Seems very theoritical, yet effectiveness depends largely on how you apply the concept. The model raised my awareness of how i can accelerate and steepen my learning curve, and it have been helping me to accelerate and steepen my learning curve since. It is called the Active Learning Model. The link to this model can be found @ http://honolulu.hawaii.edu/intranet/committees/FacDevCom/guidebk/teachtip/active.htm

Blogging is one way I talked to myself, my inner self. Blogging requires deep thinking to happen before I am able to spit out my digested thoughts, in words. Some call it journaling, others called it reflection. More importantly, make your learning double-looped.

Let's activate the Power of Sharing (http://leroyang.blogspot.com/2007/02/power-of-sharing.html) and accelerate our learning further. Share with me how you learn or how you improve your learning by using the comment feature below.


Cheers!
Leroy

"When I Stop Learning, I Stop Living"



No comments:

Post a Comment