24 February 2007

The Power of Choice

Have you constantly hear relatives, friends, whinning about how lousy their current situation is? Sounds very familiar? They choose to whin, but failed to take any positive action. I used to fall in this category and I am pulling myself out.

One book changed my perspective of life and I found that I started living.

In Dec 05, with almost a month-long of leave, life became very "difficult" for a workaholic like I used to be. I got so bored that I started to do something that I used to really hate... Reading.


I was passing by this bookstore called Popular, and a title caught my eyes. The Automatic Millionaire. Almost everyone dream of becoming rich and I had my share too. The word automatic just caught my attention. Becoming a millionaire can be automatic? Yes you can be, with a bit of self-discipline.

Since then, I started reading. Books after books. For the passed 1 year, the amount of books I had read amounts to more then the books I had read for the passed 13 years of my academic education. I'd made a 2006 resolution to read at least 1 book per month. I am doing at a rate of 3 books per month now. In addition, I am also reading more than 10 channels of news everyday, just to broaden my learning of learning and gaining better situational awareness. On reflecting, I told myself, I had evolved.

I had made a choice. I choose to gain knowledge. I found a well of wealth more important than wealth of richness; Knowledge. And because I choose to read more, I feel more powerful than before, gaining strength as I keep reading. This is the power of choice.

Every human being, since the day we had gained conciousness, starts to make choices everyday. Their choices determine their way to life. Those who choose the path of being pessmistism will keep whinning and never take any action to improve their situation. Those who choose to level up their life finds their situation improving day by day, bit by bit.

This is the Power of Choice. It will help you answer to the "why" in your life.
Have you made your choice today?


Warmest regards,


Leroy Ang

"When I Stop Learning, I Stop Living"

No comments:

Post a Comment