21 December 2008

The Power to Dream

I came to know a new friend today during our group's periodical Cashflow game and I am glad that I know him. He'd shared with me one of his experiences and I responded to his sharing. I thought my email response may be a good sharing session with the rest of my blog readers.

His situation is about his family members and close friends "not so encouraging" reactions to his ambition. He continues to hold steadfast to his dreams. And that's encouragement to me! :-)

Below is my response to him:

===

Share with you a statement, made by a ex-US President, Mr Abraham Lincoln.

It was so powerful a statement that someone was willing to translate it into mandarin to share. I came to know about this inspiring statement when it was already in mandarin and I don't know the actual English version. So i will try to translate it into English as best as i can here to share:

"Mankind is Great because of our ability to Dream
and
All Great People were once a Dreamer."

As we grow older, our dreams tend to get smaller. Many people allows their dreams to be destroyed by a reality that is not real. We dream our dreams and these dreams are as real as what we see in it. That's the reality i see.

"Believe to See."

Those whom you'd shared your dreams with, may not be able to see what you see. Many are concern that you may be "destroyed" by your pursuit of dreams that may not be realised. This is out of their goodwill, but they may not be presenting their ideas in an encouraging way. We are Asians fundamentally, and encouragement is not our forte. (I am working very hard on this right now too)

"Without dreams, we are but living corpses."

So hold on to your dreams. Hawk over it. Guard it with your life. You are right to commit to your dreams, take actions to realize it! :-)

I am truly inspired by a gentleman, who is pursuing his dream at a young age that I dare not even try. His energy level to achieve success is fueling my drive. His name is Alex and you can read more about him from his blog @ http://thebillionairejournal.wordpress.com

Read more, Talk more, Learn more and act on plans to make your dreams come true. I am. ;-)

For sharing on my Concept to achieve my dreams @ http://leroyang.blogspot.com/search/label/PME2 

Cheers! :-)

==

Merry Christmas to All Readers,
With Lots of Love,

Leroy

"When I Stop Learning, I Stop Living."


5 comments:

  1. Yo dude, thanks for the mention, though I hardly think I'm good enough to inspire people just yet. haha...

    Anyway, George is a fantastic guy right? The ideas that he has is real awesome Did he tell you the one about indoctrinating little kids if one wants to change the world? Man...

    Anyway, how's your website going? Have you guys worked something out?

    Cheers mate!

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.

    You playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people don’t feel insecure around you.We are all meant to shine as children do. Its not just in some of us; its in everyone.

    And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex, this quote reminds me of what my coach used to say in his class:

    "You playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people don’t feel insecure around you.We are all meant to shine as children do."

    Isn't it amazing that we all are playing small? It applies elegantly to wealth too. It is never enlightening to be poor. Being financially independent is the only way we can be truly way of being responsible to our countrymen whom we can serve better and not becoming a burden to the society.


    As I'm reading a Buddhist text recently, it goes deeply too:

    ...
    You cannot hate what you don't fear. Only universal, unconditional loving-kindness eliminates hatred, which is free from emotional attachments.
    ...


    Be Blessed & Peace!

    Wai Loong

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guys,

    Thanks for sharing. Continue to Dream Big! But we can always start small somewhere, somehow. Just don't forget how to dream. ;-)

    Merry Christmas! :-)
    Leroy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol...I dream all the time..most of it I devote to in a place we all call a toilet seat. lol...

    Cheers mates!

    Alexchious

    ReplyDelete