23 March 2009

The Motor Claims Framework (MCF) by General Insurance Association of Singapore (GIA)

Following my post on the Power of Protect 2, Part 1 and Part 2, I'd received numerous well wishes from my family and friends. Thanks for all your concern! And letting me know that I am not alone. :-)


I'd also received several good sharings and advice on how to handle motor accident better. From Wai Loong and Eng Peng, I came to know that there is this Motor Claims Framework (MCF) initiated by the General Insurance Association of Singapore (GIA) since 1 Jun 2008.


I'd extracted a part of the MCF sypnosis for reading info:

The Motor Claims Framework (MCF) is an initiative of the General Insurance Association of Singapore, to spell out clear and common procedures for motorists, on what to do in the event their vehicle is involved in an accident.

At present there are several concurrent and sometimes conflicting messages told to motorists in a post‐accident situation.

The MCF seeks to distil the necessary and critical procedures that motorists must now adhere to, in order to enjoy hassle‐free reporting of motor accidents as well as speedy and professional repairs of their vehicle.


From the GIA's website, several useful resources are also available such as a FAQ on the MCF, poster, flyer, brochure (English), brochure (Mandrain), decals, and a set of presentation slides explaining the MCF.





For more information regarding the Motor Claims Framework (MCF), do refer to General Insurance Association of Singapore (GIA) website.

If you are a rider or driver in Singapore, be prepared, always. ;-)


Cheers!

Leroy

"When I Stop Learning, I Stop Living."

No comments:

Post a Comment