15 May 2011

Miracles

Do you believe in miracles?

Having experienced numerous headwinds and challenges recently, I cannot help but expect to see one. Not sure if you have similar experience like this one. When one's human will power is at the brink of breaking down totally and energy almost depleted? Life seems to be unable to carry on? How come so many things are not moving towards your expectations or targets? Why Murphy suddenly becomes your closest friend? What went wrong? What can we do to improve the current situations?

I am a Buddhist. Buddhism teaches one to be self-reliant in seeking the truth and to attainment enlightenment. Karma is the key mechanics behind all the events in this world. At this point in time, when one's will power is at its weakest, self-reliant seems almost impossible to sustain against the onslaught of so many challenges and headwinds beyond your human control.

Recently I wondered into a church (but I wonder why I did that in the first place). I saw a person, very nice guy, who gave me a book mark bearing the contact details of the church. Today I went back to the church to participate in their Sunday worship session. The session helps me recall my first encounter on Christianity back in my secondary school days. I actually finished reading the whole book of Genesis once. I recall in many stories inside the Genesis that displays God's power through miracles. I also started to recall my days in the Boy's Brigade, when we have to sing tunes praising God. I am still able to recall one tune like this:

He's able, He's able, I know He's able!
I know my Lord is able to carry me through.

He heals the broken hearted, and set the captives free.
He make the limp to walk again and cause the blind to see, Oh Ye!

He's able, He's able, I know He's able!
I know my Lord is able to carry me through.

New questions start to pop up in my mind. Will God help non-believers and non-followers by giving them strength to carry on in life, showing them directions on how to proceed with their life for the better? Will God display his powers through miracles to these group? I don't have an answer. But I do need a miracle right now, I choose to believe in its existence. And I am on the edge of humbling myself before those who can show miracles to change the lives of my families for the better.

What's your take? Maybe you can share your views with me. Greatly appreciated!


Cheers!
Leroy

6 comments:

  1. I happen to bum into your blog by chance and read what you have posted here.

    While we do not know each other, but I guess it is good for me to drop a few words of encouragement.

    I guess when dealing with life, we have to accept that we cannot be in control of everything and no matter how hard we try at times, there is no guarantee that things will turn out the way we want it to be.

    I do not know what sort of problems you are facing now. There could be many concurrently befalling on you.

    But, most importantly, do not give up. Even if things do not happen your way, stay positive and hope for the best. I know that it is easier said than done. But, the power is in the mind.

    I recently came across a clip by a successful person who said failure is important. Failures and setbacks will shape our character and make us a tougher person.

    No matter what happens, never take a wrong step. Keep to the righteous path and have your conscience clear.

    Since you are/were a Buddhist, you would understand that in Buddhism, nothing is eternal, whether happiness or sadness, joy or pain.

    Karma is not stagnant too. Karma can change any time. Your thoughts and actions at this very moment can well change your karma at the very next.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jong Chye,

    Thanks for your words of encouragement and the strengths that comes with it. Cheers! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bro, thought you have not been updating your blog until while I was going through my blogroll and realized that you had a new posting!

    Although it is like 5 weeks ago, hope everything is on track now. If not, let's meet and have a little chat! Though I'm busy most of the time but will definitely have time for a friend like you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tea,

    Thanks! I am seeing a miracle happening already. Hopefully more will come and wash all the deadlocks away. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will recall from the fourth article on fragmentation, we are looking to become aware of when we are choosing the ego (Ken Wapnick) because the ego is the part of the mind that believes in division (T-5.V.3). Idols should warrant consideration and learning as they are ego. non dual teachers

    ReplyDelete